RSVP & THE VOLUNTEER CENTER
- Mobilizes the talents and skills of people of all ages to provide creative solutions to community needs through volunteering.
- Matches people with volunteer opportunities that suit their interests, skills, and schedule.
- Works with local not-for-profit agencies and municipalities meeting community needs.
- Can design custom volunteer activities.
- Provides free supplemental insurance that covers you while you serve.
- Offers mileage assistance for some activities.
- Provides on-going support to volunteers.
- improve people's health and well-being: lead exercise classes -- RSVP Bone Builders or make Good Morning! telephone reassurance calls to elders living alone, or give people rides to medical appointments, (mileage assistance available.)
- help older adults stay in their own homes: deliver meals, be a friendly visitor, or help with chores or repairs through Chore Corps.
- enhance public safety: inform the community about disaster preparedness, staff a hot-line, or conduct community patrols
- bridge the communication gap: teach the internet to new "surfers" of all ages, or read aloud to those with impaired vision
- encourage enthusiasm for learning: be a home-work helper at an after-school program, read with Head Start students, or tutor adults
- provide social opportunities for people living in nursing homes: share your musical talents or hobbies
- and much more!
CHANGING SOMEONE'S LIFE ALSO GIVES YOU OPPORTUNITIES TO
- Make new friends
- Do service learning for school
- Complement your resume
- Network with others
- Fulfill court mandated service
- Learn more about your local community
- Change another's life...Your own!
YOU HAVE CHOICES
- Lend the skills you developed over a lifetime
learn something new
- Be on-call to serve at your convenience
do something on a regularly scheduled basis
participate in short term projects
- Do something familiar
explore something new