What Is RSVP?
RSVP is the connection for people age 55 and over to a wide range
opportunities for meeting community needs through volunteerism.
RSVP offers a variety of opportunities to build on - or add to - a lifetime
of experiences and skills.
- Links people with significant ways to be involved in the life of
- Sense of belonging, part of a team
- A chance to give back
- An opportunity to provide input and to create something new
- Offers options and flexibility in service opportunities, short-term and long-term
- Provides benefits and supports to volunteers, matching, training, accommodations, recognition
Serving a wide range of community organizations, RSVP helps communities
address their needs:
- Offers skilled and experience volunteers to assist agency staff in meeting goals
- Collaborates with community groups to find new solutions to community challenges
- Serves as a source of training and technical assistance
- Links organizations to available national resources
Utilizing Resources Effectively
RSVP has a long history of fiscal responsibility and stability that
- Experienced and efficient management
- Appropriate use of leveraging to maximize resources
- A service value throughout the state that is measurable